- Undergraduate Studies
- Applied Geosciences
- Mining and Tunnelling
- Raw Materials Engineering
- Advanced Mineral Resources Development
- International Study Program in Petroleum Engineering
- Industrial Energy Technology
- Industrial Management and Business Administration
- Materials Sciences
- Polymer Engineering and Science
- Mechanical Engineering (MSc)
- Industrial Logistics (MSc)
- Industrial Environmental Protection and Process Engineering (MSc)
- Doctoral studies
- Postgraduate Courses
- Academic Calendar
- Current Students
- Prospective Students
Polymer Engineering and Science
The master's programme (three semesters) further broadens the students’ knowledge and provides special scientific advanced training for the profession. In-depth study is provided in one of the following elective subjects:
- Polymer materials – development and characterisation
- Production technology and component design
- Polymer lightweight construction
A master's thesis is also required.
A compulsory internship of 90 work days (undergraduate studies) or 30 work days (graduate studies) at relevant companies complements the academic training.
Qualifications profile and typical fields of activity
Professional prospects for graduates in Polymer Engineering are excellent, according to requirements studies, as every year the production of polymeric materials is growing more significantly than any other material.
Polymer engineers are particularly in demand in large and medium-sized companies in plastics and rubber processing industries (for the automotive industry, electrical engineering/electronics, medical technology, sports articles, aerospace industry, etc.).
Excellent career opportunities are also offered by polymer producing companies and the producers of machinery and systems for polymer processing.